FiTOUR® is offering courses which are approved by the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) for Continuing Education Credits (CECs). The FiTOUR® Step Instructor Home Study Course is approved for 8 AFAA CECs.
This is a NOT a Certification, this is a cec course to obtain cecs used to renew an AFAA Certification.
The FiTOUR® Step Instructor Home Study Course provides the tools necessary to lead safe exercise using a step:
- Learn about the history of step aerobics and important research on safe execution of movements.
- Understand kinesiology, physiology and biomechanics as they are related to exercise using a step.
- Understand risk factors, safety guidelines including equipment set-up and music speed for safety when using a step.
- Learn proper equipment set-up and how to properly execute movement when using a step during group exercise classes and personal training.
- Learn step terminology and stepping techniques.
- Learn step choreography and how to properly cue step movements.
Benefits of Completing the FiTOUR® Step Instructor Home Study Course:
- Successful completion of the FiTOUR® Step Instructor Home Study Course will provide employers and students with confidence in your professional skills. Obtaining a passing score on the online examination will earn you the mark of excellence evidenced by dedication to increasing your knowledge of exercise when using specialized equipment such as the step.
- Personal trainers and group exercise instructors will gain the benefit of understand the biomechanics involved when utilizing step equipment and safety guidelines to provide safe & effective training programs.
The online study materials for this FiTOUR® home study course listed below are FREE with registration. All FiTOUR® online examinations are based on the content of the study materials. FiTOUR® encourages participants to thoroughly review the study materials prior taking the online written examination to ensure a passing score.
- FiTOUR® Step Instructor Online Study Manual -
- FiTOUR® Step Instructor Online Study Videos -