Approved for .8 NASM CEUs
FiTOUR® is offering courses that are approved by the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) for Continuing Education Units (CEUs). The FiTOUR® Primary Nutrition: Theory Application Home Study Course is approved by NASM for .8 NASM CEUs.
This is NOT a certification. This CE Course is offered to provide CEUs toward renewal of a NASM Certification.
After taking the FiTOUR® Primary Nutrition: Theory Application CE Course, participants will have a working knowledge of healthy nutrition. This course will be of great value to fitness instructors, health coaches and personal trainers in assisting their clients in making healthy food choices.
Participants will gain knowledge in the following nutrition topics:
- The importance of proper nutrition
- Macronutrients and Micronutrients: purpose, function, sources, and storage
- Fluid intake
- Pre/Probiotics and antioxidants
- Digestion: anatomy and physiology
- Energy transformation and metabolism
- Energy balance
- Food intake and body weight
- Healthy eating behavior for apparently healthy individuals and for those with special conditions
Benefits of Completing the Primary Nutrition: Theory Application CE Course:
Successful completion of the FiTOUR® Primary Nutrition: Theory Application CE Course will equip one with the foundation necessary for the health/fitness professional to educate their clients on proper nutrition within their scope of practice.
The online study materials for this FiTOUR® home study course listed below are FREE with registration. All FiTOUR® online examinations are based on the content of the study materials. FiTOUR® encourages participants to thoroughly review the study materials prior taking the online written examination.
- FiTOUR® Nutrition Primary Online Study Manual -
- FiTOUR® Nutrition Primary Online Study Videos -