The FiTOUR® Pilates Primary and Advanced Certification Courses provide detailed information on Pilates history, Pilates beginner, intermediate and advanced matwork and small apparatus that is important to provide safe and effective Pilates programming.
The FiTOUR® Pilates Reformer Level One Certification Course will provide the Pilates instructor with the tools and knowledge needed to provide Pilates reformer programming on a beginner and intermediate level. The FiTOUR® Pilates Primary and Advanced Certification Courses contain important information with regard to movement using the Pilates principles. It is suggested that the Pilates reformer instructor complete the FiTOUR® Pilates Primary and Advanced Certification Courses before beginning this course.
The FiTOUR® Pilates Reformer Level One Certification Course will expand on the information and knowledge learned in the FiTOUR® Primary and Advanced Pilates Certification Courses and will provide detailed information on how to use the Pilates Universal Reformer when working with Pilates students and clients. This course covers the following topics:
- Concepts and principles of Pilates as they relate to the Reformer
- Muscles that support the spine
- Pelvic floor muscles and their functions
- Posture Types
- Postural and Range of Motion Assessments
- Kinesiology and Biomechanics as they relate to the Reformer
- The Pilates Reformer
- General Guidelines
- Special Populations
- Reformer Programming
- Reformer Level One Exercises with Progressions
The online study material for this FiTOUR® certification listed below is FREE! with registration. All FiTOUR® certification exams are based on the content of the study materials. FiTOUR® encourages participants to review the study materials in advance of the certification to ensure a higher examination success rate.
- FiTOUR® Pilates Reformer Online Study Manual -
- FiTOUR® Primary Reformer Online Study Videos -