The FiTOUR® Advanced Barre Certification introduces instructors to an advanced barre technique that combines elements of cardio, ballet, Pilates, yoga and light weight training in an efficient and effective workout format.
The FiTOUR® Advanced Barre Certification will prepare instructors to teach a 60-minute exercise class that utilizes a ballet barre to perform small isometric and large isotonic movements set to popular music. The barre serves as a prop, along with the platform, small exercise balls, resistance bands, and light hand weights.
The FiTOUR® Advanced Barre Certification is an excellent resource to prepare instructors to provide participants with a fun and effective exercise class, with the goal of helping one to obtain the streamlined body of an athletic dancer while reinforcing strength and muscle tone.
It is suggested that the barre instructor complete the FiTOUR® Primary Barre Certification prior to beginning the FiTOUR® Advanced Barre Certification
The FiTOUR® Advanced Barre Instructor Certification prepares instructors to help participants gain the many benefits from this class format. Topic covered in this certification includes:
- The merging of ballet, yoga, Pilates, weight training and cardio to create a barre exercise class that appeals to all
- The 8 principles of barre technique
- Advanced barre technique safety
- Advanced barre equipment
- Advanced barre technique class formatting and exercises
- Creating an effective, fat-burning cardio workout in the form of HIIT exercises
- Improvement in core stability and balance through barre classes
- Improvement in muscle tone in the glutes, abdominals, arms and thighs through the barre technique
- Knowledge of how to instruct the use of one’s own body weight for resistance training
- Improvement in posture through the barre technique
- Reduction in stress and fatigue due to both physical and mental components of the barre class
- How the barre technique is applicable to all fitness levels
- Teaching participants to use to new and different fitness tools, including small exercise balls, resistance bands, light weights, the platform and the ballet barre
- Providing participant enjoyment in an efficient and effective 60-minutes class
Benefits of Completing the FiTOUR® Advanced Barre Instructor Certification:
- Successful completion of the FiTOUR® Advanced Barre Instructor Certification will equip you with the skills needed to design and teach safe and effective barre classes that are composed of a combination Pilates, yoga, barre, light weight training and ballet with the additional component of cardiovascular conditioning.
- Successful completion of the FiTOUR® Advanced Barre Instructor Certification will prepare you to format a fun barre class that will aid your participants in reaching their goals to be lean and strong.
Obtaining a passing score on the FiTOUR® Advanced Barre Instructor Certification examination will demonstrate, to both your employers and students, your dedication to expanding your knowledge through study.
The FiTOUR® online study material for this FiTOUR® certification listed below is FREE with registration. All FiTOUR® certification exams are based on the content of the study materials. FiTOUR® encourages participants to review the study materials in advance of the certification to ensure a higher examination success rate.
- FiTOUR® Primary/Advanced Barre Instructor Online Study Manual-
- FiTOUR® Primary/Advanced Barre Instructor Online Study Videos-
- FiTOUR® Primary/Advanced Barre Instructor Hard Copy Study Manual -- $20!