The FiTOUR® Advanced Active Aging course expounds upon the information learned in the Active Aging Primary course. This course provides an in-depth look into programming, medical conditions, and nutrition for older adults.
In addition, this course covers the scope of practice for an older adult fitness specialist and includes information on how to build your business through networking and creating partnerships within the medical community.
- Obtain information on the physiological changes that occur with aging and chronic diseases that affect older adults.
- Learn how to conduct quick and easy mobility evaluations during group training sessions without the need to schedule individual assessments.
- Take an in-depth look into the components that are needed to create comprehensive, safe, effective, and individualized programming for your older clients.
- Gain information on how to safely improve your clients’ functional abilities and fitness levels through systematic progression.
- Learn about the fundamental movement patterns of ADLs and how to incorporate these movement patterns into your training sessions.
- Learn how to include corrective exercise through myofascial release and PNF stretching.
- Learn neuroplasticity drills and brain games to improve your clients’ cognitive function.
- Learn how to safely progress your client to develop high levels of proprioception and balance.
- Learn about the metabolic effects of aging and the changes that need to be made for optimal nutrition for older adults.
Your investment through time and study will give your clients confidence in the programming you are providing to them. Successful completion of the Advanced Active Aging course is not only an investment in your future; it’s an investment in the future of your clients.
Thank you for choosing FiTOUR® for your professional fitness education.
The FiTOUR® online study material for this FiTOUR® certification listed below is FREE! with registration. All FiTOUR® certification exams are based on the content of the study materials. FiTOUR® encourages participants to review the study materials in advance of the certification to ensure a higher examination success rate.
- FiTOUR® Advanced Active Aging Online Study Manual-
- FiTOUR® Advanced Active Aging Online Study Videos-
- FiTOUR® Primary & Advanced Active Aging Hard Copy Study Manual -- $20!