Earn ACE CECs with the FiTOUR® Advanced Active Aging Home Study Course
FiTOUR® is offering courses which are approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) for Continuing Education Credits (CECs). The FiTOUR® Advanced Active Aging Home Study Course is approved for 0.8 ACE CECs.
This is a NOT a Certification, this is a continuing education course course to obtain cecs used to renew an ACE Certification.
The FiTOUR® Advanced Active Aging course expounds upon the information learned in the Active Aging Primary course. This course provides an in-depth look into programming, medical conditions, and nutrition for older adults.
In addition, this course covers the scope of practice for an older adult fitness specialist and includes information on how to build your business through networking and creating partnerships within the medical community.
Obtain a working knowledge of how to perform functional and postural assessments; and how to use the information obtained to provide programming that meets each client’s current level of function.
- Obtain information on the physiological changes that occur with aging and chronic diseases that affect older adults.
- Learn how to conduct quick and easy mobility evaluations during group training sessions without the need to schedule individual assessments.
- Take an in-depth look into the components that are needed to create comprehensive, safe, effective, and individualized programming for your older clients.
- Gain information on how to safely improve your clients’ functional abilities and fitness levels through systematic progression.
- Learn about the fundamental movement patterns of ADLs and how to incorporate these movement patterns into your training sessions.
- Learn how to include corrective exercise through myofascial release and PNF stretching.
- Learn neuroplasticity drills and brain games to improve your clients’ cognitive function.
- Learn how to safely progress your client to develop high levels of proprioception and balance.
- Learn about the metabolic effects of aging and the changes that need to be made for optimal nutrition for older adults.
The online study materials for this FiTOUR® home study course listed below are FREE with registration. All FiTOUR® online examinations are based on the content of the study materials. FiTOUR® encourages participants to thoroughly review the study materials prior taking the online written examination to ensure a passing score.
- FiTOUR® Advanced Active Aging Online Study Manual -
- FiTOUR® Advanced Active Aging Online Study Videos -