FiTOUR® is offering courses which are approved by the Athletic and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) for Continuing Education Credits (CECs). The FiTOUR® Advanced Boot Camp Training Home Study Course is approved for 8 AFAA CEUs.
This is a NOT a Certification, this is a cec course to obtain cecs used to renew an AFAA Certification.
The FiTOUR® Advanced Boot Camp Home Study Course provides an in-depth look into the science behind high intensity interval training. Learn the history of interval training and various methods and means to provide interval training to your clients. The information contained in the Advanced course builds upon the information learned in the FiTOUR® Primary Boot Camp Home Study course.
Whether you are a group fitness instructor or personal trainer, the knowledge gained will help you guide your clients to success in their quest for optimal health and fitness.
- Obtain a working knowledge of a variety of HIIT formats and how to include HIIT training in boot camps and other programming to improve fitness and enhance performance levels and overall health of your clients.
- Review and understand the safety guidelines for HIIT programming.
- Learn heart rate workout zones and how to manipulate the zones to help your clients achieve success through improved cardio fitness, enhanced performance and optimal body composition.
- Learn the metabolic effects of HIIT training and the positive impact it can have on individuals with heart disease, diabetes and obesity.
- Learn how to conduct a Functional Threshold Assessment and how to use the information gained from the assessment to create progressive programing.
- Learn how to create indoor and outdoor athletic-style HIIT workouts.
- Learn how to design HIIT programs that incorporate resistance training with cardio activities.
- Learn Tabata methods to provide clients with time-efficient workouts.
- Learn how to design boot camp and HIIT workouts for active older adults.
- Successful completion of the FiTOUR® Advanced Boot Camp Home Study Course will give you a competitive edge as a fitness professional.
The online study materials for this FiTOUR® home study course listed below are FREE with registration. All FiTOUR® online examinations are based on the content of the study materials. FiTOUR® encourages participants to thoroughly review the study materials prior taking the online written examination to ensure a passing score.
- FiTOUR® Boot Camp Training Advanced Online Study Manual -
- FiTOUR® Boot Camp Training Advanced Study Videos -